Who I am

My photo
I am an atheist, in fact, I describe myself as a Humanist for I believe in the good in people, not mythical beings.

Places to avoid

This is a section for establishments that openly promote religion:

National Chains
Chick-fil-a
In-n-Out Burger
Alaska Airlines (include bible quotes with meals)
Forever 21 (puts John 3:16 on their tags)
Country Bob's sauces (look who the CEO is)
Edwards frozen pies (bible verse on pie tin)
Desert Essence (beauty products)
Estes (aquarium stones)
Food for Life (baked goods)
Brim's Old South (chips and the like)
Daniel Chapter One (look at the mission statement at the bottom)
Curves (gyms, leaves bibles in workout areas)
Aldi Foods (has buybull verses on the inside of egg cartons)

Local
Carter Brothers Bar-B-Que North Carolina

Franchises (companies who don't seem to be religiously affiliated but might have franchisees who do)
Subway

If you know of any others, please send me a message giving me the name of the company and if possible a link to the company's website showing that they promote religious ideas.

For example http://www.incrediblepizza.com/about.php If you look at bullet number 3 under the mission statement. "We operate our business by Christian principles". The alternate of this would be if they have a religious symbol on their products and/or building. In the case of the pizza company, they have the jebus fish on the doors as you walk in.

I have to give credit to the religutards over at http://www.prophecyfellowship.org/archive/index.php/t-147138.html who posted most of these for me to find so easily!

*Megaplex Theatres is owned by the Larry H Miller Corp who gives 10% of their earnings to the LDS church

If you have the name and possibly a website of a company who proseltyzies a religion and would like me to add it, please comment on this post: http://yamipirogoeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/places-to-avoid.html

Monday, January 25, 2010

My dad really is clueless

Yeah, I've got another one from my dad. This time I was a bit more blatant.

It started off by me bringing up the group who decided that it would be better to send solar-powered bibles to the people of Haiti rather than something they truly need...food, clean water, shelter, medical supplies and the people to administer them.

He agreed with me that sending bibles to Haiti is nothing less than retarded. However...that's when he brought up the bible crap again. He then went off stating that Revelations has given prophecy that things like that are happening now and that it's a sign that Jeebus (he didn't say Jeebus, I just like that name) is coming.

My initial reaction was to laugh, but instead I looked at him and in a totally straight tone of voice told him that all the stuff that's supposed to happen in Revelations has been happening since the book was written. It happened 1000 years ago....it happened 500 years ago....hell, it happened when Bush was our president for crying out loud.

His response "it's happening now".

-_- wow...what a way to ignore everything I just said.

So I pointed out again that all that stuff has happened before and then also asked him if it was god (sorry, I just can't show that sort of respect...now the Flying Spaghetti Monster...) doing all that. He simply replied "yes" and I immediately replied "Wow, god's a dick then"

He just kept going on about how it's god's will and after a few more sentences I asked him to say one thing in revelations that is going on now...SPECIFICALLY.

He couldn't answer that each and every time I asked. After me asking like 5 or 6 times, he finally replied "Would you just go to church?"

That's when I had to walk off to laugh cause it was obvious he didn't know how to win that little debate....oh...wait...there was no way to win it as he was basing his entire side off a book that makes as much sense as tattooing the answers to a test on the inside of your eyelids....no matter how you look at it, the bible or your eyelids, you just can't see the answers.

But, it's at this point that I must cut it short as I have to work today and I still have a few things to do before I head to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Why send them bibles now? when thousands have been killed and are burning in hell? Even the little devil worshiping babies, oh and not to mention god killed his own representatives (the missionaries).

    Thou Shalt Not Kill, but it's ok to kill nonbelievers and your own representatives if they happen to get in the way and it's ok to kill your only begotten son.

    We seriously need to burn all bibles and religious holy books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with that, removing these texts would definitely help to move the planet in the right direction

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, however, trolling and abusive type behavior will NOT be tolerated.