Who I am

My photo
I am an atheist, in fact, I describe myself as a Humanist for I believe in the good in people, not mythical beings.

Places to avoid

This is a section for establishments that openly promote religion:

National Chains
Chick-fil-a
In-n-Out Burger
Alaska Airlines (include bible quotes with meals)
Forever 21 (puts John 3:16 on their tags)
Country Bob's sauces (look who the CEO is)
Edwards frozen pies (bible verse on pie tin)
Desert Essence (beauty products)
Estes (aquarium stones)
Food for Life (baked goods)
Brim's Old South (chips and the like)
Daniel Chapter One (look at the mission statement at the bottom)
Curves (gyms, leaves bibles in workout areas)
Aldi Foods (has buybull verses on the inside of egg cartons)

Local
Carter Brothers Bar-B-Que North Carolina

Franchises (companies who don't seem to be religiously affiliated but might have franchisees who do)
Subway

If you know of any others, please send me a message giving me the name of the company and if possible a link to the company's website showing that they promote religious ideas.

For example http://www.incrediblepizza.com/about.php If you look at bullet number 3 under the mission statement. "We operate our business by Christian principles". The alternate of this would be if they have a religious symbol on their products and/or building. In the case of the pizza company, they have the jebus fish on the doors as you walk in.

I have to give credit to the religutards over at http://www.prophecyfellowship.org/archive/index.php/t-147138.html who posted most of these for me to find so easily!

*Megaplex Theatres is owned by the Larry H Miller Corp who gives 10% of their earnings to the LDS church

If you have the name and possibly a website of a company who proseltyzies a religion and would like me to add it, please comment on this post: http://yamipirogoeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/places-to-avoid.html

Thursday, March 4, 2010

10 Items to consider Pt. 6

Find Success in our Home - "No success can compensate for failure in the home". Be a peacemaker. Be respectful. Never use inappropriate language in our homes. Have home-evening, family scriptures, and family prayer. Priesthood holders take the lead.

...soo many things about this that are just plain WRONG...where to start.

Be a peacemaker...now just how in the hell is that possible if Jesus himself said that "Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34-36 " Well...gee...I guess death does ultimately bring peace...if one looks at it that way.

Be respectful...ok...honestly...if I had the parents of some kids I knew growing up, I couldn't be respectful to them...oh...wait...I wasn't. Any time I saw them and their parents and their parents would yell at them in public (my own father has done this and no, I don't always respect him (explanation in a bit)), I would just stare at them and ask if it was really necessary to do that in public or at all and that they'd be better off showing love than being angry (guess they did read the bible and how nasty it gets).

As far as my father is concerned, even to this day I do things that defy him and don't show respect. Not that it takes much, but I just have to point out that god is an asshole and jebus is his right hand to fap with to what's happening on earth

As far as the language thing...what if I choose to speak in Japanese, obviously it's not appropriate as neither of my parents speak it. Even then, I don't know a single damn person who has never sworn in their life. And anyone who says they haven't is just full of shit and a damned liar.

Home-evening, scriptures and prayer are all utterly retarded and useless. The home evening thing I guess isn't too bad since they say to do something as a family...even something like a movie. Though, reading the scriptures...if they really did read them, they wouldn't be Christards to begin with. As for the prayer thing, I actually ran across a Youtube video that perfectly explains this totally useless practice:



In case the embed doesn't work for everyone, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

As that clearly illustrates, prayer is totally useless and accomplishes nothing. Besides, how arrogant do you have to be to believe that god has a plan and that your pitiful little prayer can be enough to make him change his all knowing abilities....well...I guess they've got a great role model to get that from if you believe in the bible.

Now the last part...priesthood holders take lead...I interpret this as having one meaning "Women are below men as only men can hold the priesthood" Then again, the MORmON church is EXTREMELY sexist in the way it operates. considering at one point it said that a woman's place is at home tending to the kids, mending clothing and preparing food. That was in like the 60's (yes it's changed somewhat, but not a lot). Though, that's more the thinking from like the 1760's. It's horrible and it needs to disappear just like the dodo did. I did find a great article showing the sexism side of mormonism: http://www.exmormon.org/mormwomn.htm

Well...this was a fun one, and a bit of an expose too.

4 comments:

  1. "As that clearly illustrates, prayer is totally useless and accomplishes nothing. Besides, how arrogant do you have to be to believe that god has a plan and that your pitiful little prayer can be enough to make him change his all knowing abilities....well...I guess they've got a great role model to get that from if you believe in the bible.

    Well ya see god's so damned busy and all and he's getting old and forgetful so he sometimes needs us little piss ants to set him straight that is, on the right path so to speak...duh?

    Here's a good one "A Bastard Child shall not enter into the kingdom of god for at least 10 generations."

    Talk about unconditional love???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, silly me, I forget that sky daddy is just over 6000 years old...and I doubt he's been taking his ginko...so it's understandable that he's forgetful and needs us praying to him to remind him of his own plan.

    Oh, totally, and even then...if that's the case...doesn't that mean that Jebus isn't allowed into heaven...I mean, he was born of a virgin, i.e. a bastard child >_>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your're right! Exactly my point! God creates a bastard child, but forgetfully breaks his own rules, he must have alzheimers disease, but it's OK god can do whatever he wants, he just wants us to live a purer cleaner life than he does, as I imagine most of us prob. do....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I know I'd want to live a cleaner life than the stories of his life for the past 6000 supposed years. Oh...wait...I already do XD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, however, trolling and abusive type behavior will NOT be tolerated.