Who I am

My photo
I am an atheist, in fact, I describe myself as a Humanist for I believe in the good in people, not mythical beings.

Places to avoid

This is a section for establishments that openly promote religion:

National Chains
Chick-fil-a
In-n-Out Burger
Alaska Airlines (include bible quotes with meals)
Forever 21 (puts John 3:16 on their tags)
Country Bob's sauces (look who the CEO is)
Edwards frozen pies (bible verse on pie tin)
Desert Essence (beauty products)
Estes (aquarium stones)
Food for Life (baked goods)
Brim's Old South (chips and the like)
Daniel Chapter One (look at the mission statement at the bottom)
Curves (gyms, leaves bibles in workout areas)
Aldi Foods (has buybull verses on the inside of egg cartons)

Local
Carter Brothers Bar-B-Que North Carolina

Franchises (companies who don't seem to be religiously affiliated but might have franchisees who do)
Subway

If you know of any others, please send me a message giving me the name of the company and if possible a link to the company's website showing that they promote religious ideas.

For example http://www.incrediblepizza.com/about.php If you look at bullet number 3 under the mission statement. "We operate our business by Christian principles". The alternate of this would be if they have a religious symbol on their products and/or building. In the case of the pizza company, they have the jebus fish on the doors as you walk in.

I have to give credit to the religutards over at http://www.prophecyfellowship.org/archive/index.php/t-147138.html who posted most of these for me to find so easily!

*Megaplex Theatres is owned by the Larry H Miller Corp who gives 10% of their earnings to the LDS church

If you have the name and possibly a website of a company who proseltyzies a religion and would like me to add it, please comment on this post: http://yamipirogoeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/places-to-avoid.html

Friday, March 12, 2010

Missionary work - An assualt on your soul!!!

Yes, I know it's a scary title, but then again missionaries are scary to begin with.

But, today's topic is being covered cause I've ALWAYS had issues with the concept of missionaries. That, and I'm at work and don't have the letter with me about the 10 things to consider.

We've all seen them. Most commonly walking or riding a bike around in their familiar dark suit, white button down shirt and tie or a dress with dark colors and the nametag with either "Elder" or "Sister" engraved into it. They're always carrying a Book of Mormon and are just looking to share the word of go...Joesph Smith. They're always friendly and eager to talk with anyone who is just happening to walk by...unless you are openly LGBT, at which point they avoid you like the plague cause they'll catch your evil gay germs.


Now, on to the truly scary stuff about missionaries from my perspective.

First off, shortly after I turned 18, and before I truly realized who I am, I got called in to the bishop's office. Now, I was already pretty good at knowing what to say to get in and out as fast as possible. I had been in for temple recommends before and just like everyone else, I lied about certain activities to get the recommend. That is a blog post for a another day for the specifics.

When I went in however, I was rather surprised that this time it was to talk about becoming a missionary. Now, having grown up in the church, of course I was taught that I want to be a missionary when I turn 19. "I want to" now THAT's laughable. That's called brainwashing the chitlins people! So, after sitting down and getting the small talk out of the way. The bishop proceeded to ask me questions pertaining to my thoughts on missionary work and if I was getting myself prepared to go on a mission to spread the word of god, jebus and joe smith. I honestly just wanted to go home so I could just change out of the clothes and sit back watching tv (didn't have a computer at that time). I think we were in there for like 30 minutes talking about this ridiculous notion.

After I left this rather annoying meeting, I didn't think any more of it until the following month when I was called in to the bishop's office AGAIN to discuss the exact same damn thing AGAIN. -_- So I got that out of the way in like 15 minutes this time and went home. However, I soon came to find out that this would be a monthly occurrence (hmm...sounds like a period only aggravating instead of painful). This monthly occurrence would continue until I was 22.

During those 4 years, I was given a LOT of information regarding what I would do while being a missionary. I don't have any of that information anymore, but it basically boiled down to talking to people, telling them that if they weren't LDS, then they were evil (talk about intolerance) and to introduce them to the word of go...joe smith. I took one look at that information and went "O_o WTF...". It was some hardcore intolerance bullshit going on there and I didn't want ANY part of that.

That's pretty much when I started to ignore all the missionary crap from the bishop and the church...cause it was obviously evil. Honestly, anyone who really looks at it should be able to see how it is evil like that. This is just a way to tell people that they are wrong and you are right and because of that you're going to hell.

Now, with a little backstory out of the way.

*opens curtain*

On to the missionary circus!!! da-da-da-da-daaaa!!!! Come see the monkeys in suits, they'll entertain you, they'll tell you stories, but if you challenge their ideas they'll snarl and bare their teeth and tell you you're wrong and going to hell!!!

But, in all seriousness, missionary work is more a disservice to humanity. They run around the planet, forcing their ideals on other people. I personally think this is a more destructive activity than ALL the carbon emissions China puts out in an entire decade. Besides, is god and jebus so lonely that they have to have someone else go around telling their story and ask people to listen...or are they just that vain. Me thinks it's both.

Now, when I see them on the street and they are whizzing by on their bikes, I totally ignore them. However, if they're walking by as I'm getting out of my car (which has happened 3 times now), I'll wait to see what they have to say and then promptly ask them why they came over to speak with me. The answer they all gave is that they were directed by the spirit. Of course, as soon as they say that I start to outright laugh (and anyone who's heard me laugh IRL knows it sounds evil a maniacal) and then look at them and ask if they plan to convert me to their religion. This usually catches them off guard but then they IMMEDIATELY jump into their rhetoric and start quoting this and that.

Talk about annoying, so, if I get sick of hearing them, I put on the gayest sounding voice I can possibly do (think Big Gay Al from South Park), look at them and say I'm looking for a good port to give my semen leave, wanna talk later tonight? followed by a wink and they are running for the hills.

But, seeing that there are now countries that have listed mormons as a cult (Denmark), it's obvious they aren't doing anything positive, if they were, they wouldn't have been labeled a cult. Of course, having secret meetings, secret signs...hmm...I don't know, but that screams cult to me. At least the masons try to make good things and not try and spread religiously condoned hatred.

I almost feel like I'm rambling at this point so I'm going to call it good at this point. But, any thoughts on missionaries and what they do?

10 comments:

  1. Well from what little I've heard about morons, they have to witness (or missionary?) for 5 years.

    The preachers do not accept money, do they slip it to them in some other way?

    Also you must wear your lucky underwear at all times....lol

    That's about it, I was raised as a baptist moron...lol

    If you can fill me in to some more little picadillos that would be nice. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I think it depends, but it can be 5 years...

    there's something about subsidies from the headquarters they get for being in that position. I don't really know how it works but I know they get something for being in that position.

    Oh, can't forget the lucky underwear, that you're not supposed to take off for anything but bathing!!

    Though, they're also not supposed to go swimming while on a mission as water is controlled by satan...how stupid

    Sure, feel free to ask any questions about it and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks! Here's all I know about Moronism. Joseph Smith talked to the angel, moronie??? Yeah sure he did!! The angel left him with gold plates, 8 people claimed to have seen those plates, he buried the plates and went back to find them but could not find them, but he
    and the 8 witness's would not lie about such a thing would they??? Oh No!!! Nobody ever lies about religion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one point he did, that's why there's a golden statue of moroni on all the temples they build. But, he also spoke with god, jebus, and the holy ghost (how something that's intangible he was talking to works I don't know...it's like talking to the air).

    It was actually 3 witnesses who supposedly saw these gold plates. But, it was more of a visionary viewing, so, in other words, they imagined it.

    lol, their heaven forbid that they lie about religion. They'll have to spend eternity in the 8th circle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, pretty much...and I'm reminded of a clip from South Park

    http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103933

    That's the clip!! And I love the background vocals "dum dum dum dum dum"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks, I'll check it out! I love South Park, BTW I think Tiger Woods/sexual addiction is going to be on the next SP, that should be a hoot...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, not bad considering they're ex-mormons themselves. lol, yeah, I plan on watching it tonight as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked through your link, most of it's laughable as it has an argumentative mentality of maybe a 10 year old.

    Though, I do love the use of Ed Current's video's to try and prove the point.

    But reading through that, if...IF it was written by a Christian, I sure don't see this love that Jesus supposedly preached about, all I could see was hate for something that's sadly and grossly misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Buybull, god and jebus are DEAD!!!

    The bible is nothing more than a book about hatred and murder, because the buybull puts labels on people to create divisiveness between human beings. If there were no bible we could all live in harmony, because we would all believe the same thing!

    The Tenth Commandment "Thou shalt not kill."

    The buybull says that Sampson killed over 1000 men and it's lauded as something good?

    Murder is murder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God example, that easily shows the contradiction of a hug collection of fairy tales that NO ONE should ever hear.

    I couldn't agree more about the divisiveness of the book and that without it the world would EASILY be a much better place.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, however, trolling and abusive type behavior will NOT be tolerated.