This will be the last of the "10 Items to consider" series I've been doing.
Hear the Lord through His Prophets and the Spirit - The Lord communicates to us through both living prophets and also through the influences of the Holy Ghost. We must listen to both. If we want to know the Lord's will for us today, listen to the Prophets (Review the Conference Ensign).
First and foremost, the "Ensign" is part of a magazine that they put out about church news and what not like that. It usually includes some words from some high ranking person of the church. Honestly, reading each one of those, I can see it's filled with nothing but mind warping brainwashing bullshit!
Secondly, we need to pay attention to the prophet...right...I should believe someone who's more delusional than the rest of the people who believe in the bullshit? Umm...isn't that kind of like the blind leading the blind...well...actually, yes, it is. But, either way, I'd say they all have schizophrenia. I mean, talking to not just one but three, THREE, invisible entities should qualify ANYONE to be diagnosed with schizophrenia.
Third, the "holy ghost". Well...this is an extension of my second item really as it's just another invisible entity that people think actually talk to them. Well, I'll tell you what, back when I was trying to be mormon (when I was like 10-12) if would follow what the church teaches about this nice ghost. http://lds.about.com/od/basicsgospelprinciples/p/holy_ghost.htm Well, that site has all the info one would need to know. Now, about the things it could do:
"Reveals the Truth" Well, if the "holy ghost" EVER revealed the truth to me, it was just the truth of how ridiculous the religion is.
"Cleanses Our Sins" Right...like all those baptisms I did, both for myself and for the dead (which will be another topic). Now, here's something that DEFINITELY separates them from other xians. They don't believe that jebus cleanses you, it's some 3rd entity. But, either way, how can something made up as a 3rd side to god do anything to you at all.
"Gives Comfort and Peace" Comfort...and...peace...or is it really just willful ignorance...I'm betting the latter. Why do I know this? Well, when I was about 10-12 not once did I ever feel comforted or at peace with the things I did from religion...in fact, I felt perfectly fine with the things I did. No, I wasn't doing anything illegal, just things that don't follow the teachings.
Overall, it's just a bunch of stupidity spouted by multiple morons that believe they're talking to 3 people when in fact they're totally delusional. I'll be happy when all the religious crap disappears.
Who I am
- Sakura
- I am an atheist, in fact, I describe myself as a Humanist for I believe in the good in people, not mythical beings.
Places to avoid
This is a section for establishments that openly promote religion:
National Chains
Chick-fil-a
In-n-Out Burger
Alaska Airlines (include bible quotes with meals)
Forever 21 (puts John 3:16 on their tags)
Country Bob's sauces (look who the CEO is)
Edwards frozen pies (bible verse on pie tin)
Desert Essence (beauty products)
Estes (aquarium stones)
Food for Life (baked goods)
Brim's Old South (chips and the like)
Daniel Chapter One (look at the mission statement at the bottom)
Curves (gyms, leaves bibles in workout areas)
Aldi Foods (has buybull verses on the inside of egg cartons)
Local
Megaplex Theatres* Utah
Carter Brothers Bar-B-Que North Carolina
Franchises (companies who don't seem to be religiously affiliated but might have franchisees who do)
Subway
If you know of any others, please send me a message giving me the name of the company and if possible a link to the company's website showing that they promote religious ideas.
For example http://www.incrediblepizza.com/about.php If you look at bullet number 3 under the mission statement. "We operate our business by Christian principles". The alternate of this would be if they have a religious symbol on their products and/or building. In the case of the pizza company, they have the jebus fish on the doors as you walk in.
I have to give credit to the religutards over at http://www.prophecyfellowship.org/archive/index.php/t-147138.html who posted most of these for me to find so easily!
*Megaplex Theatres is owned by the Larry H Miller Corp who gives 10% of their earnings to the LDS church
If you have the name and possibly a website of a company who proseltyzies a religion and would like me to add it, please comment on this post: http://yamipirogoeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/places-to-avoid.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, however, trolling and abusive type behavior will NOT be tolerated.