Since I grew up with mormonism, I am going to continue going on about it. I remembered they have something called the "Articles of Faith". It's a collection of 13 items that they essentially consider law...but it's not. So, just like the last ones I did, I will detail each one and add my commentary afterwards.
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
First and foremost, this is a triune, NOT a monotheist belief. This means that when they make fun of pagans, or taoists, or buddhists, or shinto they're basically being hypocrites. How can I say this? Well, these 3 "individuals" are all "gods" in their own right. That means they believe in 3, yes that's right THREE, gods...now, what is the definition of poly theism? Dictionary.com has it as "the doctrine of or belief in more than one god or in many gods." So already we see that mormons lie about their own religion.
Next, the "eternal father". What a load of shit...mormons believe 2 things about "god". 1) That he lived a life just as we are now as a mortal to get that experience and 2) that he was good enough in that life that when he died he became a god himself and got a wife who he basically fucks like a rabbit to produce all, yes ALL, the people that have ever existed on this planet. Now...unless there's viagra or cialis in heaven...yeah, not buying it. He produces all of these "spiritual kids" on a planet called kolob...which is Earth after it's raised and cleansed.
Now, mormons have their own belief of god as joe smith wrote in the buybull so he could create his own religion. What I detailed above is a rough start on it and that god isn't supposed to be anything like the narcissistic asshole from the buybull...bull shit.
Jebus...right...a carpenter from the Middle East cares more for a group of people who are edged out barely as being the most psychotic on the planet by scientologists. Honestly, IF, and that's a very big IF, jebus existed, he supposedly appeared to joe at one point and appeared white...not sure how he would, but whatever, I can't see why he'd just some kid in the backwoods of the developing US and essentially say "you gotta save everyone before I ass rape them like sodom and gomorrah or like with the flood" (both of which never existed outside the buybull).
...the holy ghost...more like the holy shit. The holy ghost is supposed to be an invisible person with god-like powers (funny they say it's invisible) that comes to EVERY person on the planet to give them advice on how to behave. Yeah, I have a word for that, it's called a conscience, and it does a damn better job than some invisible god-like person. The idiots of mormonism like to call it the "still small voice" that just appears in the back of your head (like you already knew it)...I call that schizophrenia.
So, overall, you can see that it's starting off as a load of bullshit.
And with the recent declaration by Judge Walker in California that Prop 8 was illegal, yeah, this is just the start of the end of the MORmON church...and it doesn't come too soon.
Who I am
- Sakura
- I am an atheist, in fact, I describe myself as a Humanist for I believe in the good in people, not mythical beings.
Places to avoid
This is a section for establishments that openly promote religion:
National Chains
Chick-fil-a
In-n-Out Burger
Alaska Airlines (include bible quotes with meals)
Forever 21 (puts John 3:16 on their tags)
Country Bob's sauces (look who the CEO is)
Edwards frozen pies (bible verse on pie tin)
Desert Essence (beauty products)
Estes (aquarium stones)
Food for Life (baked goods)
Brim's Old South (chips and the like)
Daniel Chapter One (look at the mission statement at the bottom)
Curves (gyms, leaves bibles in workout areas)
Aldi Foods (has buybull verses on the inside of egg cartons)
Local
Megaplex Theatres* Utah
Carter Brothers Bar-B-Que North Carolina
Franchises (companies who don't seem to be religiously affiliated but might have franchisees who do)
Subway
If you know of any others, please send me a message giving me the name of the company and if possible a link to the company's website showing that they promote religious ideas.
For example http://www.incrediblepizza.com/about.php If you look at bullet number 3 under the mission statement. "We operate our business by Christian principles". The alternate of this would be if they have a religious symbol on their products and/or building. In the case of the pizza company, they have the jebus fish on the doors as you walk in.
I have to give credit to the religutards over at http://www.prophecyfellowship.org/archive/index.php/t-147138.html who posted most of these for me to find so easily!
*Megaplex Theatres is owned by the Larry H Miller Corp who gives 10% of their earnings to the LDS church
If you have the name and possibly a website of a company who proseltyzies a religion and would like me to add it, please comment on this post: http://yamipirogoeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/places-to-avoid.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mormons aren't the norm in the UK and I'm always surprised at some of the things they actually believe.
ReplyDeleteBut then it's not Christians or muslims believe anything less stupid
Oh, be glad they're not the norm...I live in Utah...they're like flies.
ReplyDeleteYeah, and I'll be bringing more to the table of the ridiculous crap they believe.
BTW, is there anything you were wondering about them?