Who I am

My photo
I am an atheist, in fact, I describe myself as a Humanist for I believe in the good in people, not mythical beings.

Places to avoid

This is a section for establishments that openly promote religion:

National Chains
Chick-fil-a
In-n-Out Burger
Alaska Airlines (include bible quotes with meals)
Forever 21 (puts John 3:16 on their tags)
Country Bob's sauces (look who the CEO is)
Edwards frozen pies (bible verse on pie tin)
Desert Essence (beauty products)
Estes (aquarium stones)
Food for Life (baked goods)
Brim's Old South (chips and the like)
Daniel Chapter One (look at the mission statement at the bottom)
Curves (gyms, leaves bibles in workout areas)
Aldi Foods (has buybull verses on the inside of egg cartons)

Local
Carter Brothers Bar-B-Que North Carolina

Franchises (companies who don't seem to be religiously affiliated but might have franchisees who do)
Subway

If you know of any others, please send me a message giving me the name of the company and if possible a link to the company's website showing that they promote religious ideas.

For example http://www.incrediblepizza.com/about.php If you look at bullet number 3 under the mission statement. "We operate our business by Christian principles". The alternate of this would be if they have a religious symbol on their products and/or building. In the case of the pizza company, they have the jebus fish on the doors as you walk in.

I have to give credit to the religutards over at http://www.prophecyfellowship.org/archive/index.php/t-147138.html who posted most of these for me to find so easily!

*Megaplex Theatres is owned by the Larry H Miller Corp who gives 10% of their earnings to the LDS church

If you have the name and possibly a website of a company who proseltyzies a religion and would like me to add it, please comment on this post: http://yamipirogoeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/places-to-avoid.html

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mormons and Water

So a friend sent me this picture: http://macromeme.com/dog/adventure-mormon.html

I had to laugh and tell them it would suck if he fell in as all the waters are the realm of Satan. Yes, that's what they believe, and when someone is on their mission, they are specifically FORBIDDEN from getting into any sort of water save the bathtub/shower as Satan will force them to do something bad.

They started laughing like CRAZY at this and immediately responded "No wonder people skinny dip, Satan is controlling them and making them do that!!"

I had to laugh like crazy when they said that. But, at the same time, I do agree, it sounds absolutely ridiculous that Satan controls something that covers 2/3 of the planet.

But, that's about it for this little bit of random mormon ridiculousness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, however, trolling and abusive type behavior will NOT be tolerated.